What is the best time to stream on Twitch?
What is the best time to stream on Twitch? Tips to reach the maximum number of users
At the time of the hegemony of YouTube, a video service would be able to gain ground and establish itself as the preferred platform for influencers. YouTube is seeing how those who started and grew up with it are suddenly marching to the competition. And on top of that, leaving his channel as a repository of clips to continue earning money with the material created on Twitch.
The emergence of Twitch has many similarities with the growth of TikTok as the largest social network of the moment. In times of confinement, many users found refuge in some of the thousands of channels that the Amazon platform has; and they hung out with those who broadcast hours and hours live.
Once the initial boom has passed, the growth of Twitch is constant and increasingly significant. The big streamers like Ibai, Rubius, AuronPlay or El Xokas generate multiple events that are among the most watched of the year. And this draws the attention of those people who want to start on the platform. If this is your case, we are going to give you some tips on what is the best time to stream on Twitch and reach the maximum number of viewers.
How to choose the best time to stream on Twitch
After these initial tips, we are going to give you some recommendations so you can find the best time to stream on Twitch. There are many factors that come into play:
Choose the correct time in your time zone
It seems silly but it is not. By streaming on Twitch you will reach virtually everyone. So you must decide who this content is aimed at. If your content is made in English territory and is dedicated to England people, you should stream during these hours to capture the largest influx of the audience. Look to make the most of the English community, very active on Twitch. This means broadcasting late in the day, a good time slot because at that time of the day is when we have more free time. Thus we will coincide with the afternoon and last hours of the day with United States.
One strategy is to split the stream to reach the maximum number of people. For example, instead of doing a 3-hour stream, you can choose to do two 1.5-hour streams. So you can address the England audience before 9:00 p.m. and the English audience after 10:00 p.m.
How long should my stream on Twitch be?
Once you are comfortable with your schedule and theme, we recommend starting with an hour and a half of streaming, increasing it on days when you have more free time, such as the weekend. Aim to stream 3-4 days a week, that will help you get the most potential exposure.
If you have no choice but to stream at busy times and where big accounts stand out, try giving your stream a quirky and clever title.
The best time to stream on Twitch based on viewer ratio
One tool streamers use is Twitch Strike. It shows you different stats like the most active streaming period for a game, the number of viewers at a specific time, and the relationship between the two.
You must identify the exact hours in which your theme will have the greatest audience potential. Depending on the day, there are times when the highest ratio of spectators is concentrated from 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m. English time, a time when English countries are entering the afternoon. Think about transmitting in these slots whenever possible.
Taking all of these factors into account, we’ve put together a moodboard of the best times to stream on Twitch with what might be the ideal times to stream on Twitch. The ideal hours move between 19:00 h. and 01:00 a.m. It is the part of the day where we usually have free time and it is an hour of concurrence. At the same time, we will begin to impact the early afternoon in United States, reaching their night if we extend until 01:00.
The best time to stream on Twitch
- Monday: from 7:00 p.m. at 01:00 a.m. At the crest of the wake of the weekend. These are the best times to stream on Twitch on Monday. If you have done an intensive over the weekend, you can take advantage of the dynamic and let your followers know that you will continue on Monday to finish building their loyalty.
- Tuesday: from 10:00 p.m. at 00:00. or Possible rest day. If you have broadcast over the weekend, we advise you to rest this day so as not to saturate your viewers and dedicate yourself to your own business. If you broadcast, do a short stream.
- Wednesday: from 7:00 p.m. at 01:00 a.m. Experiment day. On Wednesday you can try experiments, like the split stream, two 1.5-hour streams. One from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. and the next one from 10:30 p.m. to 01:00 a.m.
- Thursday: from 7:00 p.m. at 01:00 a.m. Short stream or rest. The weekend is coming and if you plan to do intensive, this can be your other day of rest. You can take the opportunity to organize topics to talk about or make a little planning about what to do the following week.
- Friday: from 5:00 p.m. at 02:00 a.m. Intensive. On Friday you can try to do a party stream, start with a 1.5 hour stream at 5:00 p.m. to capture England viewers and then do another 2 to 3 hour stream ending at 2:00 a.m. and try to get the maximum number of viewers from United States.
- Saturday: from 5:00 p.m. at 02:00 a.m. Starting late. Look to start broadcasting late in the afternoon, Saturday is usually the day when viewers are doing activities outside. Wait until everyone is home at night to start broadcasting. Take the opportunity to extend until 2:00 am just like Friday.
- Sunday: from 5:00 p.m. to 01:00 a.m. In the afternoon also counts. Unlike Saturday, Sunday afternoon can be a good time to start streaming on Twitch. Many viewers will be in front of their screens looking for entertainment after eating. Try splitting the stream in two and dedicating time to it at night as well, but not too much, since many viewers will go to sleep to start Monday strong.
As you may have deduced, the best time to stream on Twitch is the one that best suits you. You should always enjoy streaming and take care of your mental health. Do not spend many hours at the beginning or be obsessed with the results. Experiment a lot with schedules and be consistent. If you can contribute a little more time on the weekend, do it, but without losing sight of the world.
The consensus of a large majority of streamers is that late afternoon and evening are the best times to reach the maximum number of English countries. But never neglect your country and the hours with the greatest influx, which is usually in the afternoon. You can choose to try new schedules and find your niche as a streamer.
Experiment, try and repeat again. That’s the recipe for success for streaming on Twitch.